Re: (Saa7134) Re: ADS-Tech Instant TV PCI, no remote support

Morvan Le Meut a écrit :
Samuel Rakitnican a écrit :
On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:25:44 +0200, Morvan Le Meut <mlemeut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Morvan Le Meut a écrit :
Hello all
This is an old card i bough by error ( wanted the DVB-T version ) but i tried it and i see a small problem : The remote isn't supported. ( If it is, i wonder why my computer don't see it )

I found an old patch to add remote support to it here :

http://tfpsly.free.fr/Files/Instant_TV_PCI_remote/saa7134_patch_for_AdsInstantTVPCI.gz ( The webpage talking about it is http://tfpsly.free.fr/francais/index.html?url=http://tfpsly.free.fr/Files/Instant_TV_PCI_remote/index.html in french )

But since i found out long ago that i shouldn't even think of altering a source file, could someone adapt that old patch to correct this ? ( should be quick, i guess )

Thanks.

-- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-media" in

Well, i'm trying it myself ( by hand, since the patch looks old ) :
adding
case SAA7134_BOARD_ADS_INSTANT_TV: at line 6659 in saa7134-cards.c
(before "dev->has_remote = SAA7134_REMOTE_GPIO;" )
is that correct ?
but from the diff file i should add what seems to be the remote keycode in saa7134-input.c
"+static IR_KEYTAB_TYPE AdsInstantTvPci_codes[IR_KEYTAB_SIZE] = {
+    // Buttons are in the top to bottom physical order
+ // Some buttons return the same raw code, so they are currently disabled + [ 127] = KEY_FINANCE, // "release all keys" code - prevent repeating enlessly a key
+   +    [ 27 ] = KEY_POWER,"
( and so on )
Since i didn't see other keycodes for the other cards, i guess this is wrong, so where should i add them ?
( i barely understand what i am doing right now :p )

Thanks

Hi Morvan,

I'm not a developer, however I've done someting similar in the past...

This "keycodes" looks pretty strange to me, but then again I'm not a developer.

Just add it by hand and compile it, and install it.

After successful load of all new modules, you should get some response in terminal, or in dmesg output like "Unknown key..." if keymap table is wrong by pressing buttons on remote. If this gpio's are correct:

+        mask_keycode = 0xffffff;
+        mask_keyup   = 0xffffff;
+        mask_keydown = 0xffffff;
+        polling      = 50; // ms

Still working on it, i found out where thoses keycodes should go :
ir-keymaps.c
i'm not a developer either, but i tried to learn C a few years ago
so i'm not completly lost, i just can't understand what all that code is doing ... But it is strange that such an old card had this lack of remote support go unnoticed.

( I really have no luck when it come to TV cards : first, my PC Basic EC168 card ( tnt usb basic v5 ) doesn't work where it should, then my HVR-1120 works but not with mythtv and now the remote i wanted to use isn't supported :D )

/home/momo/TNT/v4l-dvb/v4l/saa7134-input.c: In function
'saa7134_input_init1':
/home/momo/TNT/v4l-dvb/v4l/saa7134-input.c:655: error:
'AdsInstantTvPci_codes' undeclared (first use in this function)

guess i missed something, i'll have to wait for someone to correct it :)