Re: KWorld UB435-Q support?

On Mon August 17 2009, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > Yeah, I've had absolutely no luck with it so far, and have returned
> > it :(
> > given your experience, and mine combined, I don't think its worth
> > the time to
> > fix it. Especially since I can't even tune a channel on the darn
> > thing in any
> > OS I have access to.
>
> Now, did you try it with some other OS before trying it under Linux,
> and it failed to work, or did you only try other OS after trying under
> Linux w/that tree? There's some concern that perhaps the stick might
> be getting neutered on the Linux side by an incorrect gpio setting or
> something... But my stick worked (flaky usb connection aside) for
> quite some time before it stopped working, even with lots of
> unplugging and replugging over several days while working on the
> driver...

I may have plugged it in in linux before windows, but at that point I didn't
have the drivers for linux installed, so I doubt incorrect gpio settings could
have damaged it.

> > It did indeed have trouble keeping a connection, but when ever it lost
> > connection, I got that message. And the driver is pretty much stuck.
> > can't
> > rmmod it, and it won't redetect the stick, so every single time it
> > looses
> > connection, I have to reboot. Hardly a good way to work.
>
> Indeed. I wonder if there are bad solder joints in these, or what?...
> Mine's dead, yours is dead, Mike Krufky had to RMA his first one and
> his second one seems it might be dead too... :\

I dunno, but I'm thinking of just getting a HVR 1800 or similar. Go with my
two PVR 150's that work flawlessly.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxx