KWorld UB435-Q support?

I stupidly bought the KWorld UB435-Q usb ATSC tuner thinking it was supported
under linux, and it turns out it isn't. I'm wondering what it would take to
get it supported. It seems like all of the main chips it uses are supported,
but the glue code is missing.

I have some C (10 years) programming experience, and have wanted to contribute
to the linux kernel for quite a while, now I have a good excuse ;)

Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxx