Re: KWorld UB435-Q support?

On Aug 17, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

Yeah, I've had absolutely no luck with it so far, and have returned it :( given your experience, and mine combined, I don't think its worth the time to fix it. Especially since I can't even tune a channel on the darn thing in any
OS I have access to.

Now, did you try it with some other OS before trying it under Linux, and it failed to work, or did you only try other OS after trying under Linux w/that tree? There's some concern that perhaps the stick might be getting neutered on the Linux side by an incorrect gpio setting or something... But my stick worked (flaky usb connection aside) for quite some time before it stopped working, even with lots of unplugging and replugging over several days while working on the driver...

It did indeed have trouble keeping a connection, but when ever it lost
connection, I got that message. And the driver is pretty much stuck. can't rmmod it, and it won't redetect the stick, so every single time it looses
connection, I have to reboot. Hardly a good way to work.

Indeed. I wonder if there are bad solder joints in these, or what?... Mine's dead, yours is dead, Mike Krufky had to RMA his first one and his second one seems it might be dead too... :\

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod@xxxxxxxxxxxx