RE: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-vpfe-cap

Mauro,

Thanks for responding...

>You should note that I'm not asking you to remove that code, but just to
>use
>the already existing color balance ioctls, for the existing features, or
>otherwise to discuss the need of extra controls.

Ok.

>The case of image color controlling, we already have several controls:
>
>#define V4L2_CID_SATURATION             (V4L2_CID_BASE+2)
>#define V4L2_CID_RED_BALANCE            (V4L2_CID_BASE+14)
>#define V4L2_CID_BLUE_BALANCE           (V4L2_CID_BASE+15)
>#define V4L2_CID_GAMMA                  (V4L2_CID_BASE+16)
>#define V4L2_CID_GAIN                   (V4L2_CID_BASE+19)
>
>Also, some got deprecated, since they were just duplicating existing
>controls,
>using a different way, as discussed at ML:

Ok. I need to investigate this when I support control IOCTLs in vpfe
capture. As of now control IOCTLs are not supported in vpfe capture.

>#define V4L2_CID_BLACK_LEVEL            (V4L2_CID_BASE+11) /* Deprecated */
>#define V4L2_CID_WHITENESS              (V4L2_CID_GAMMA) /* Deprecated */
>
>So, you basically need to rewrite your logic in order to control the device
>in
>terms of gain and red/blue balance.

Ok. I get it.

Hans had an issue with the way we implemented control IOCTL handling in the driver. So the piece of code you had objected to is redundant. I will clean it up or modify it when I support control IOCTLs handling in vpfe capture or alternately remove it using a separate patch. So please go ahead and merge the patches if everything else looks good.

Thanks once again for your help.

Regards,
Murali