Re: [linux-dvb] Most stable DVB-S2 PCI Card?

Manu Abraham wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 10:16 PM, David Lister <foceni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> *OT* I just remembered in connection with Linux DVB-S2 cards: in case
>> some of you also heard about that new dual DVB-S2-CI tuner for PC's with
>> full Linux support, you can forget about it. Or at least I can. When I
>> pre-ordered directly from the Russian manufacturer (NetUP), they said
>> the price for one would be $1000. What a rip-off...
>>

> Indeed it is.
>
> Maybe you will get a DVB card with dual DVB-S2 and CI with hardware
> H.264 decoder and HDMI out for a better deal. You might need to wait for
> the hardware to be available though.

You appear to have different information. Their site and mail
announcements don't mention any H.264 decoder, nor HDMI out. Even the
photo says otherwise. This is the one I mean:
http://www.netup.tv/en-EN/dual_dvb-s2-ci_card.php

If what you say was true, (I wish it would), if it weren't a "budget"
card, I wouldn't call it a rip-off -- it would be a pretty neat piece of
HW. Still a bit pricey, but within limits. Unfortunately, from what I've
gathered from the site, announcements and mails with the manufacturer,
it is just a dual budget card. If so, it is a rip-off. :)

--
Dave