Re: [linux-dvb] Most stable DVB-S2 PCI Card?

Manu Abraham wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 1:30 AM, David Lister <foceni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Actually, there are many DVB-S2 cards supporting 45 MS/s, even TeVii S460
>> can do 2-45 MS/s. I spoke with a fellow TeVii owner, who confirmed the card
>> is working with a 45 MS/s transponder on Express AM2 without *any* issues.
>> All this aside, there aren't any transponders with higher rates than this
>> and there won't be for many years. Who knows how stable would TT even be
>> with such rates? For now, it's irrelevant anyway. I have no problem
>> upgrading to a new card in 3-4 years, providing there will be a stable,
>> fully supported card for Linux with as many satisfied owners as e.g. Nova S2
>> HD has.
>>

> You are talking about a 45 MSPS DVB-S stream on a DVB-S2 demodulator,
> while i was talking about a 45 MSPS DVB-S2 stream on a DVB-S2 demodulator.
>
> Big difference !

This point is moot in the first place, mate. Especially in USA (original
poster), where it'll take twice the time to reach those rates on DVB-S2.
All current 45 MS/s transponders are QPSK, at least as far as I can
tell. Even if that "technology preview" 8PSK transponder of yours
existed (somewhere above Asia), it's hardly a reason to buy
Linux-unstable cards in EU or USA. Especially considering OP's quest for
super-stable HW. HD is pretty much beginning and none of it goes over 30
MS/p. Why hurry, I ask? In 2-3 years time, when your driver is finished
and stable, we'll all happily switch to "generation 2" HW (your term),
if need be. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against TT, it's just
more sensible to go with proven HW.

On a different note, I'm quite grateful for your development efforts and
wish you success & best of luck. If only there were more people
dedicated as you are. Seriously. Keep it up!

--
Dave