Re: [RFC 09/10 v2] v4l2-subdev: re-add s_standby to v4l2_subdev_core_ops

Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> writes:

>> Let me be even more precise about a usecase :
>>  - a user takes a picture with his smartphone
>>  - the same user then uses his phone to call his girlfriend
>>  - the girlfriend has a lot of things to say, it lasts for 1 hour
>> In that case, the sensor _has_ to be switched off.
>
> Nice example, thanks! Ok, of course, we must not leave the poor girl with
> her boyfriend's flat battery:-)
Dear, of course not, imagine what she would do to him ! :)

> I think we can put the camera to a low-power state in streamoff. But - not
> power it off! This has to be done from system's PM functions.
That means, from a sensor POV, through icd->stop_capture().
For my single mt9m111, it's fine by me, as the mt9m111 does have a powersave
mode. Yet I'm wondering if there are sensors without that capability, with only
one control (ie. one GPIO line) to switch them on and off ...

> What was there on linux-pm about managing power of single devices?...
Reference ?

Cheers.

--
Robert