Re: EC168 "dvb_usb: Unknown symbol release_firmware"

On 05/04/2009 11:28 PM, drbob wrote:
The stick is a cheap generic USB stick purchased from eBay (USB id
18b4:1001). Photos of it are here:

<http://img89.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img1283g.jpg>

Strangely the markings on the large main chip appear to have been removed
by the stick manufacturer (though I think it must be an EC168) The
smaller tuner chip has also been scrubbed but the following markings can
still be identified:

I have just same stick, it is EC168 + MXL5003.

I haven't opened my stick but looked your pictures. I have never seen so bad soldering quality :o

Driver development is a little bit freeze currently due to lack of EC168 specs. If you can provide specs please contact me!

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/