Re: EC168 "dvb_usb: Unknown symbol release_firmware"

On Tue, 05 May 2009 13:47:49 +0300, Antti Palosaari wrote:

> I haven't opened my stick but looked your pictures. I have never seen so
> bad soldering quality :o

Yeah it's pretty bad. I was pretty surprised it works at all when I saw
it as in several places component terminals or chip pins appear to be
bridged.

> Driver development is a little bit freeze currently due to lack of EC168
> specs. If you can provide specs please contact me!

No specs here, I'm just an end user, but a translated google search
(english->chinese) for "ec168 dvb" threw up this page:

<http://detail.cn.china.cn/provide/detail,1347758640.html>
<http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdetail.cn.china.cn%2Fprovide%2Fdetail%2C1347758640.html&sl=zh-CN&tl=en>

I think it's a company in China selling a reference design and tech
support to potential manufacturers, so they probably have the tech
docs. Good luck if you fancy trying to get a response from them.