Re: tm6010 development repository

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 12:45:56 +1200
Kevin Wells <wells_kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steven Toth wrote:
> > Kevin Wells wrote:
> >> I've started trying to understand the code in the following repository:
> >>
> >>     http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/tm6010/
> >>
> >> I have a few patches I would like to apply. How should I do this?
> > Submit the patches to the list and I'll try to get some time to create
> > and maintain a ~stoth/tm6010 tree. I think I can get the nova-s-usb2
> > running with just a little effort.
> Thanks Steve. Sorry for the slow reply. I'm doing this in my limited
> spare time.
>
> Patches to follow. Nothing exciting. Just trying to make the code more
> robust. Patches are very granular. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
>
> Knowing the driver works on the nova-s-usb2 would be encouraging. I'm
> trying to get it to work on an hvr-900h.

I'll merge those with some patches I have here. hvr-900h analog part is working
with a some troubles on the experimental tree I have here. A good thing to do,
after I merge yours and my patches, is to convert it to the new v4l2 dev/subdev
interface. I suspect that this will solve several bugs we currently have with
the i2c interface of this driver.

I intend to do this later this week, after the end of the merge window. For
now, I still have lots of patches to review, in order to submit for 2.6.30.

--

Cheers,
Mauro