Re: AverMedia Volar Black HD (A850)

Olivier MENUEL wrote:
Here are my tests :

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015_aver_a850_2/ :

I found why kaffeine was not working : I needed to check all offset checkboxes when scanning.
Like Thomas, I get these messages in /var/log/messages when scanning or changing channel : af9015_pid_filter_ctrl: onoff:0 (with kaffeine, scan or vlc)

That's normal behaviour. dvb-usb-framework calls .pid_filter_ctrl(0) callback to ensure pid-filter is disabled. Those logs will not seen normally when debug-logs are disabled.

I found a weird thing though with kaffeine (that may be a wrong setting somewhere in kaffeine though, it's the first time I use a DVB device on linux). If I stop kaffeine and restart it I can't access the channels I just scanned anymore : I get an error message :
Tuning to: NRJ12 / autocount: 0
Using DVB device 0:0 "Afatech AF9013 DVB-T"
tuning DVB-T to 498167000 Hz
inv:2 bw:0 fecH:9 fecL:9 mod:6 tm:2 gi:4 hier:4
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency
Frontend closed
Tuning delay: 1062 ms

I need to switch channels several times and eventually it works : I can now change channels without any problems !
But if I quit and restart kaffeine, I get the same problem again
No problem with VLC.

hmm, no idea. Sometimes I have also seen rather similar problems when switching channels but restarting Totem solves problem.

I did full band w_scan and it founds all muxes I can receive (4xDVB-T + 1xDVB-H). I haven't tested Kaffeine.

Except that everything seems to work perfectly fine !
I'm not sure exactly what you want me to test though.

GPI01 :

Seems quite similar to previous one. Everything seems fine too (except the weird kaffeine issue).
In the logs I get the same message : af9015_pid_filter_ctrl: onoff:0

Finally, I tested GPI00 :

Working fine too, seems exactly like previous ones.

I hope I installed these correctly and did not mess up between the different drivers.
Let me know if something seems weird or if you want me to test something else.

I'm really glad it finally works ;) Thanks a lot.

For me it seems like tuner is not connected to GPIO pin at all. I will wait someone else, Thomas?, will test. Testing this (af9015_aver_a850_2) tree is enough if it works:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015_aver_a850_2/

regards
Antti
--