Re: AverMedia Volar Black HD (A850)

Olivier MENUEL wrote:
Sorry,
I was at work today.

I just downloaded the latest version.
It works a lot better than the previous one (the device_nums are correct in the af9015.c and it seems the frontend is correctly initialized now). Here is the /var/log/messages :

Looks just correct!

I tried a scan with kaffeine : the blue light is on when scanning (which is a pretty good news), but I can't find any channels : the signal goes up to 85% but SNR stays at 0% and no channel is found ...

hmm, not AverMedia A850 issue. I should look this later...

But I tried a scan with the scan command line and everything worked fine !!!!!!!!!
I found all channels and it seems to work really fine with vlc !!!

:)

Now I need some more tests. I can see from logs GPIO0 and GPIO1 are set differently.

1) reference design GPIOs:
If that works you don't need to test more.
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015_aver_a850_2/

2) GPIO1 tuner
looks like tuner is connected to this GPIO
If that works no need to test more.
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015_aver_a850_GPIO1/

3) GPIO0 tuner
last test if nothing before works