Re: Topro 6800 driver

Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> Hello Anders
>
> Anders Blomdell wrote:
>> Thomas Kaiser wrote:

>>> It is _not_ present in the stream.
>> Then I don't understand where it comes from...
>
> I do, because I implemented it into gspca V1 ;-)
>
> The cam only streams the picture data. To code the stream a _static_
> JPEG header is used. The cam and the driver know this header. Therefor,
> the driver just builds a valid JPEG image with the known header and the
> stream from the cam.
>
>>> Anyway I did not found time to try with the JPEG header from PAC7311.
>>> And I have to apologize because I did not tell you what work I did for
>>> the PAC7311. See this: http://www.kaiser-linux.li/index.php?title=PAC7311
>>>
>>> You should find the PAC7311 JPEG header in this source:
>>> http://www.kaiser-linux.li/files/PAC7311/gspcav1-PAC7311-20070425.tar.gz
>> Will look into it.
>
> Check decoder/gspcadecoder.c and search for pac7311_jpeg_header.

>>> BTW, can you send me the header and some Bytes from your stream, the 02
>>> 8a 00 a2 80 28 a0 0a 28 thing. As ASCII in Email is OK.
>> The entire (white?) image is in the attachment (QUALITY=0).
>
> I tried the PAC7311 header. See the result in the attached files :-(
Thanks for trying though.

I tested some more, and by starting at offset 7 (based on that ff00 indicates
jpeg stream, and that byte 8 differs between quality 1 & 2, [byte 7 follows
quality])

  Size=152d, quality=1
  ff d8 ff fe 28 3c 01 fc ff 00 45 66 9a 69 a2 95
  Size=152a, quality=2
  ff d8 ff fe 28 3c 02 f9 55 15 29 a5 52 95 34 a8

I get img0 with the DQT you found on your installation disk, while img1 is what
you get with the standard DQT. Could it be that yuv=0,0,0 implies a black image?
Length is still bogus though, and with yuv != 0 I still get garbage, so I assume
there is some problem with the huffman coding still!

I guess what I have to do, is to transform a yuv=0,0,0 image using the 17
different DQT tables you found and try to generate a huffman table that matches
that data and the 17 different samples I have (of course this table will have
unknowns, but it might be a starting point).

/Anders

--
Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department of Automatic Control