Re: PVR x50 corrupts ATSC 115 streams

CityK wrote:
Steven Toth wrote:
Agreed, probably a secondary issue - which probably needs some
attention regardless.

I don't follow kworld products so I don't pretend to know which demod
they're using. I guess my question to the wider audience is, do people
with this same demod on other cards experience similar BER issues.

The KWorld 11x uses the Nxt2004 demod ... and "Zoinks!", upon checking,
I find that my single 11x card is now exhibiting BER too !   This is
something new to me, as previous femon output was always free of such
errors.

The numbers are suspicious, (presumably) post-viterbi errors without UCB shouldn't happen, unless the driver isn't properly querying the demod stats. I'm not sure of the nxt2004's history so maybe this has always been an issue, maybe BER and UCB were never properly implemented? If I had a card I'd take a look. I don't so I can't help.

Clearly, I wouldn't trust that driver or its numbers right now.

- Steve