Re: PVR x50 corrupts ATSC 115 streams

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:56 PM, David Engel <david@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have anohter system, with only an ATSC 115 and a video card.  It has
nearly identical numbers from femon as the system with the PVRs.

Didn't the PVR-250/350 have some sort of PCI DMA issues?  (I thought I
remember reading that  couple of years ago but I may be crazy).  If
so, then that wouldn't show up with femon, as the demod and tuner
would be capturing fine, but then the packets would never make it back
to the host.

<Idle speculation mode off>

The driver is probably buggy. Either its really reporting pre-viterbi errors OR it's reporting real post-viterbi errors - but in which case why aren't we also measuring uncorrected blocks?

Regardless of Davids actual current problem, this sounds like a secondary unrelated issue.

- Steve