Re: DVB-API v5 questions and no dvb developer answering ?

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Devin Heitmueller
<devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As always we continue to welcome patches, including for the
> documentation.  Instead of bitching and moaning, how about you roll up
> your sleeves and actually help out?

Interesting you would suggest people who did not develop s2api be the
ones to write the documentation for it.

> Let's try to remember that pretty much all the developers here are
> volunteers, so berating them for not doing things fast enough for your
> personal taste is not really very productive.

Ahh yes, because everyone is a volunteer nobody is entitled to
opinions that aren't akin to sending flowers.  Sorry, it slipped my
mind that only 'approved' opinions are welcome.

I would say that neglecting something as important as proper
documentation for several months extends beyond "personal taste" and
into the realm of common sense.  Especially when people trying to
actively develop software have requested such information on many
occasions, only to be ignored.  Call me crazy but that is what I
consider to be 'not really very productive'.  Certainly far more then
my measly little ol' opinion on the matter.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on some key points.  Thanks for
sharing none-the-less.  And hopefully those who have been so patiently
and politely asking for help will finally get it.  Unless, of course,
you think that's a bad idea?