Re: CinergyT2 not working with newer alternative driver

Jason Harvey wrote:
> Thierry Merle wrote:
>> Jason Harvey wrote:

>>> Hi Thierry,
>>>
>>> Thank you for the quick reply.
>>> I should have looked in dmesg before...
>>> Checking dmesg before I used tzap shows a problem. dvb-usb: recv bulk
>>> message failed: -110
>>>
>>> **** Extract of dmesg ****
>>>
>>> dvb-usb: found a 'TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver' in warm
>>> state.
>>> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
>>> demuxer.
>>> DVB: registering new adapter (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T
>>> Receiver)
>>> DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed
>>> DVB-T Receiver)...
>>> input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as
>>> /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.7/usb1/1-1/input/input8
>>> dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
>>> dvb-usb: TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver successfully
>>> initialized and connected.
>>> dvb-usb: found a 'TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver' in warm
>>> state.
>>> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
>>> demuxer.
>>> DVB: registering new adapter (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T
>>> Receiver)
>>> DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed
>>> DVB-T Receiver)...
>>> input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as
>>> /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb2/2-5/input/input9
>>> dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
>>> dvb-usb: TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver successfully
>>> initialized and connected.
>>> usbcore: registered new interface driver cinergyT2
>>>
>>> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
>>> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
>>>
>>> ****
>>>
>>> Running tzap fails to tune/lock
>>>
>>> #tzap -a 0 -c channels.conf_dvbt -s -t 120 -r -o output.mpg "BBC ONE"
>>>
>>> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
>>> reading channels from file 'channels.conf_dvbt'
>>> tuning to 505833330 Hz
>>> video pid 0x0258, audio pid 0x0259
>>> status 01 | signal c11f | snr 0000 | ber ffffffff | unc ffffffff |
>>>
>>> No more messages in dmesg.
>>>
>>> I shut down the PC, removed all power, unplugged the CinergyT2s, gave it
>>> twenty seconds and powered back up.
>>> Once it had booted I plugged in one of the devices and the dmesg output
>>> below.
>>>

>>> usb 2-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
>>> usb 2-5: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 bulk endpoint 0x1 has invalid
>>> maxpacket 64
>>> usb 2-5: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 bulk endpoint 0x81 has
>>> invalid maxpacket 64
>>> usb 2-5: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>>> usb 2-5: New USB device found, idVendor=0ccd, idProduct=0038
> [...]
Another thing, do you know the firmware version of your tuner?
I have the 1.06 version.
Look at lsusb -vvv, this is the "bcdDevice" line for the CinergyT2 device.
Sorry but I have no idea of the origin of the problem.
If I had time I would compare USB dumps between the old driver and the new one for the same tuning operation.

Regards,
Thierry