CinergyT2 not working with newer alternative driver

I have been successfully using VDR with two CinergyT2s for 18 months.
After adding a Hauppage NOVA-S2-HD I updated my v4l-dvb drivers hoping to get S2 capability and test a newer VDR for HD reception.

The CinergyT2s stopped working. The kernel module loads, the blue leds flash as expected but they don't lock on to a signal for long.
Signal strength shown in femon is erratic and a lock only rarely achieved.

I checked through the mercurial tree to see what had changed.
It looks like the following change is the one that stops the CinergyT2s working on my system.
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mchehab/devel.git;a=commit;h=986bd1e58b18c09b753f797df19251804bfe3e84

I deleted the newer version of the module and replace it with the previous deleted code.
Make'd and installed the old version works as expected.

Machine they're plugged into is running Fedora 10, 2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.i686 I downloaded the current v4l-dvb today (31Jan2009) and tried it all again before posting this message.

Not sure where to look next, I did start to capture the USB traffic to see if I could spot the difference...

Thanks,
Jason