Re: CinergyT2 not working with newer alternative driver

Jason Harvey wrote:
> [...]
> initialized and connected.
> dvb-usb: found a 'TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver' in warm
> state.
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T
> Receiver)
> DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed
> DVB-T Receiver)...
> input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as
> /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb2/2-5/input/input9
> dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
> dvb-usb: TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver successfully
> initialized and connected.
> usbcore: registered new interface driver cinergyT2
>
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
>
> ****
>
> Running tzap fails to tune/lock
>
> #tzap -a 0 -c channels.conf_dvbt -s -t 120 -r -o output.mpg "BBC ONE"
>
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> reading channels from file 'channels.conf_dvbt'
> tuning to 505833330 Hz
> video pid 0x0258, audio pid 0x0259
> status 01 | signal c11f | snr 0000 | ber ffffffff | unc ffffffff |
>
> No more messages in dmesg.
>
> I shut down the PC, removed all power, unplugged the CinergyT2s, gave it
> twenty seconds and powered back up.
> Once it had booted I plugged in one of the devices and the dmesg output
> below.
>

> usb 2-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
> usb 2-5: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 bulk endpoint 0x1 has invalid
> maxpacket 64
> usb 2-5: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 bulk endpoint 0x81 has
> invalid maxpacket 64
> usb 2-5: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> usb 2-5: New USB device found, idVendor=0ccd, idProduct=0038
> usb 2-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
> usb 2-5: Product: Cinergy T?
> usb 2-5: Manufacturer: TerraTec GmbH
> dvb-usb: found a 'TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver' in warm
> state.
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T
> Receiver)
> DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed
> DVB-T Receiver)...
> input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as
> /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb2/2-5/input/input9
> dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
> dvb-usb: TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver successfully
> initialized and connected.
> usbcore: registered new interface driver cinergyT2
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
>
> Cannot tzap or scan.
>
> With the old version of the driver I don't have any trouble at all.

I do have this bulk message error too, sometimes (this is a timeout on recv).
I can tune channels but I think I have a particular version of the CinergyT2 (there are several).
You can turn on the debug infos:
modprobe dvb-core dvbdev_debug=1 debug=1
modprobe dvb-usb-cinergyT2 debug=7
and see again dmesg...

> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards, Jason