Re: [linux-dvb] Upcoming DVB-T channel changes for HH (Hamburg)

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 27.01.2009, 09:30 +0100 schrieb Tobias Stöber:
> [...]
> "Leipzig 1" - multiplex which experiments with a small cell SFN nework
> of low-power transmitters within a very small area (area of the city of
> Leipzig) with 6 transmitters in that (Leipzig-Mitte, Leipzig-Messe,
> Leipzig-Grünau, Leipzig-Markkleeberg and Leipzig-Lößnig). This project
> does include TV and radio stations (Leipzig Fernsehen, Infokanal
> Leipzig, BBC World, Bibel TV, Radio Horeb, Radio Leipzig).
>
> More info on that can be found on the website of Sächsische
> Landesanstalt für privaten Rundfunk und neue Medien (SLM).
>
> http://www.slm-online.de/psk/slmo/powerslave,id,231,nodeid,231.html
>
> Maybe there are other such projects, that I don't know of, because I am
> mainly interested in the area, where I live, work and travel, which is
> mostly Niedersachen and the North, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen, Thüringen,
> Berlin and Brandenburg ;)
>
> > Of the national and regional public broadcasters, the DVB-Tsituation
> > can be pretty much described as thusly... There is a truly national
> > broadcaster, the second germanbroadcaster, ZDF, which has a multiplex
> > known as ZDFmobilwhich is available nationally, and is identical
> > whetherreceived in Flensburg or Passau (hey, no heckling, that wasa
> > beloved train ride for me years ago). The other nominally national
> > broadcaster, ARD, known as thefirst german broadcaster ("Das Erste"),
> > suffers regionalisationboth through a local identity in a particular
> > Bundesland,as well as a regional DVB-T multiplex management that
> > doesnot always translate well to match those of neighbouringlands.
> > This regionalisation is due to sub-management by a thirdparty, which,
> > perhaps as a super-regional manager, isresponsible for more than one
> > Bundesland (for our originalcase of Hamburg, this would be NDR,
> > together with itsdaughter Radio Bremen).  These `third parties'
> > takentogether form that first german broadcaster, as well ashaving
> > their own distinct regional identities.
>
> See above, I am no sure about ZDF mux to be identical in the whole of
> Germany but for Hamburg ONLY NDR is responsible and for Bremen and
> Bremerhafen ONLY Radio Bremen is responsible.
>
> As DVB-T is regarded, there are work group in which alle partner, say
> public-law and private broadcasting stations, the local media
> authorities (Landesmedienanstalt) and the technical service providers
> are present, which decide about technical parameters, transmitting sites
> and parameters etc.
>
> For all other corrections see my first part of the intro ;)
>
> > The practical example of this would be that while onecan see the same
> > content via ZDFmobil anywhere, theso-called ARD multiplex may
> > contain, by region, EinsPlusor EinsFestival, or perhaps in that
> > region, that regionalmanager's so-called ``Dritte'' (third, after ARD
> > beingfirst and ZDF being second) programme.
>
> Not correct, the ARD-Das Erste multiplex does NOT contain regional
> ("third") programmes! There is always a seperate multiplex for the

That is not fully true yet either and Barry is correct for Frankfurt
Rhein/Main and others.

Das Erste:602000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_2_3:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_4:HIERARCHY_NONE:101:102:1
hr-fernsehen:602000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_2_3:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_4:HIERARCHY_NONE:401:402:65
arte/EinsFestival:602000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_2_3:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_4:HIERARCHY_NONE:201:202:70
rheinmaintv:818000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_1_2:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_4:HIERARCH

If you look at the patch Christoph has created now,

http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/rev/98d3c06e5ef9

even Berlin has "Das Erste" and "RBB" on the same multiplex.

It seems we can say that there are separate muliplexes for
regional/third programs of other states/Bundeslaender, but the ARD "Das
Erste" multiplex often contains the "third program" of the
state/Bundesland where the transmitter is located.

> > In other words, nationally, one can receive the ZDFmultiplex, plus
> > two others, which will depend on howthe regional management has
> > decided to configure theirmultiplexes.  Services such as Phoenix and
> > `arte' willbe available nationally, while the `dritte' multiplexwill
> > contain a selection of out-of-area regionals ofinterest due to
> > geography or whatever.
>
> Correct. The out-of-area third programmes are selected due to georgraphy
> and the fact, that a lot of people may work and or live in another
> federal state (Bundesland) adjunct to the area.
>
> So in the NDR area of Hannover/Braunschweig there is NDR + MDR, HR and
> WDR (which are the federal states, that border in this area.
>
> > Now, while ZDF has a unified national service, the sameis not
> > necessarily true for what you can receive ina selected Bundesland.
> > For example, in Hessen, dependingon where you are, you may be able to
> > receive the localprogramming from the nearest Bundesland; in the
> > southof Bayern you can see SWR Baden-Württemberg but temporarilynot
> > Hessen (or the DVB-H which replaced it), while inthe north you will
> > instead see `mdr', although you mayhave previously received SWR,
> > which is the reason thatBad Mergentheim in BaWü, near the border,
> > will need itsown DVB-T transmitter sometime this year.
>
> I don't get this info or what you want to really say into my head. So
> what's your point?

I guess they else can't receive SWR anymore in that region.

Cheers,
Hermann