Re: Add sub-topic on 'exFAT' in man mount

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 4:43 PM Seamus de Mora <seamusdemora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I'm adding from Alejandro's reply.
> > >
> > > You can start reading the source in fs/exfat in linux.git tree [1].
> > > Then you can write the documentation for exfat in Documentation/exfat.rst
> > > (currently doesn't exist yet), at the same time of your manpage
> > > contribution.
> > >
> > > Cc'ing exfat maintainers for better treatment.
> > Thanks Bagas for forwarding this to us!
> >
> > Hi Seamus,
> >
> > Some of mount options are same with fatfs's ones. You can refer the
> > descriptions of fatfs
> > documentation(Documentation/filesystems/vfat.rst).
> > If you have any questions about other options or documentation for
> > exfat, please give an email me.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > [1]:
> > > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/fs/exfat
>
> Thanks for the offer Namjae; I'm sure I'll take you up on that when I
> get ready to actually produce something. For now, I am reading and
> trying to get myself up to speed to tackle this. So far, the going has
> been a bit slow as I have a couple of commitments I need to finish.

I've read a bit about the mechanics & markup for creating/editing man
pages. Now all I need is something useful to say :)

In that regard, I **guess** the best place to look for the details I
need is in the source code. Without access to the author or
maintainers, I don't see how else to get at the details needed for a
decent piece of documentation. I think that is what Bagas (?)
suggested, but how/where do I find "fs/exfat in linux.git tree" ??

Thanks,
~S