Re: Add sub-topic on 'exFAT' in man mount

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 04:55:18PM -0600, Seamus de Mora wrote:
>> I'd like to volunteer to add some information to the mount manual.
>>
>> I'm told that exFAT was added to the kernel about 4 years ago, but
>> last I checked, there was nothing about it in man mount.  I feel this
>> could be addressed best by adding a sub-topic on exFAT under the topic
>> `FILESYSTEM-SPECIFIC MOUNT OPTIONS`.
>>
>> If my application is of interest, please let me know what steps I need
>> to take - or how to approach this task.
>>

> I'm adding from Alejandro's reply.
>
> You can start reading the source in fs/exfat in linux.git tree [1].
> Then you can write the documentation for exfat in Documentation/exfat.rst
> (currently doesn't exist yet), at the same time of your manpage
> contribution.
>
> Cc'ing exfat maintainers for better treatment.
Thanks Bagas for forwarding this to us!

Hi Seamus,

Some of mount options are same with fatfs's ones. You can refer the
descriptions of fatfs
documentation(Documentation/filesystems/vfat.rst).
If you have any questions about other options or documentation for
exfat, please give an email me.

Thanks!