Re: Add sub-topic on 'exFAT' in man mount

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 04:55:18PM -0600, Seamus de Mora wrote:
> I'd like to volunteer to add some information to the mount manual.
>
> I'm told that exFAT was added to the kernel about 4 years ago, but
> last I checked, there was nothing about it in man mount.  I feel this
> could be addressed best by adding a sub-topic on exFAT under the topic
> `FILESYSTEM-SPECIFIC MOUNT OPTIONS`.
>
> If my application is of interest, please let me know what steps I need
> to take - or how to approach this task.

I'm adding from Alejandro's reply.

You can start reading the source in fs/exfat in linux.git tree [1].
Then you can write the documentation for exfat in Documentation/exfat.rst
(currently doesn't exist yet), at the same time of your manpage contribution.

Cc'ing exfat maintainers for better treatment.

Thanks.

[1]: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/fs/exfat

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara