Re: Issue in man page mount_namespaces.7

Hi Helge,

On 12/4/22 15:14, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
Hello Alejandro,
On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 03:06:40PM +0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
On 12/4/22 15:00, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
Hello Alejandro,
On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 01:25:07PM +0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
On 12/4/22 10:07, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue:    mount point I<B> → mount I<B>

"Here, I<B> is the destination mount, and I<b> is a subdirectory path under"
"the mount point I<B>.  The propagation type of the resulting mount, I<B/b>,"
"follows the same rules as for a bind mount, where the propagation type of"
"the source mount is considered always to be private."

I'm not sure about this one.  If we change that wording, I'd like to make
sure we don't lose any details in the information.  Please CC any related
kernel developers, and suggest them review the documentation for more
consistent language.

Until recently, there was "mount point" used all over this man pages.
This was changed to "mount" in one of the previous release of man
pages.

I didn't know that; please point to the commit that did that.

Sorry, I probably don't have the time to do so. Please remember that I
don't have the sources (I can for sure obtain them). I just saw a
massiv change and wondered why this one was left out.

Okay, no problem.

So if you think it is fine, then of course you are the expert, we are
just translators. I just pointed this out so you can contact the
approriate experts (if necessary) and review this, if necessary. If
not, then no problem.

Okay, I'll have a look at it. Please ping again about this issue if I haven't fixed it in the future.

I mark it WONTFIX for now, so it doesn't get reported again and maybe
you can clarify (if necessary) this in a later release.

If you point me to the patch, I can dig into it.  Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know the inner workings of manpages and how and where
patches are stored.

The Linux man-pages source code is here, in case you ever need it:
<https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git/>

If you do, have a look at the README and CONTRIBUTING files.

Remember, manpages-l10n has over 100 upstream projects (although manpages is
probably the largest), so we (or actually me at the moment) are unable
to get into the inner workings of each project but leave it to you as
the maintainer to handle this as you see fit. We just don't want to be
silently fixing issues in translations without the original authors are beeing
made aware of this.

Sure, I understand.

Thanks for your understanding.

:)

Cheers,

Alex

Greetings

         Helge

Thanks for all the reports. I fixed most of them. I'll apply a few other patches before releasing, and then in the solstice will release 6.02. Then, please report again any issues that you see in the new version.

Cheers,

Alex

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>