Re: Amiga, serial and SYSRQ

Thanks Andreas,

On 21/05/24 09:15, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Mai 21 2024, Michael Schmitz wrote:

CONFIG_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL_DEFAULT=7 is what I have set in my builds.
Which is also the default.

Begging the question: why do we not see the warning message?

If the interrupt were to use a vector address set up by AmigaOS, shouldn't that cause a kernel panic instead?

The Amiga serial console driver does not rely on interrupts but polls for transmit completion. Not sure whether interrupts are disabled while the serial console driver pushes out data - if not, a pair of local_irq_save(flags) / local_irq_restore(flags) around the loop in serial_console_write() could help.

Cheers,

Michael