Re: m68k using deprecated internal APIs?

On 10/27/18 5:01 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
This kind of approach has worked well in the Debian community

Right, Debian stopped supporting m68k a long time ago ;-)

This stuff is so getting annoying. I don't understand why all of a sudden there is
such a big urge to kick everything out that is old. Is the Linux kernel supposed
to be an x86-only project?

I don't get it. The port is actively maintained and working well, new drivers are
being added. And there is a vibrant community using it. Try buying a used Amiga
on eBay and you know what I mean.

There is new hardware being developed all the time. Just recently, we added support
for the xsurf100 network card from Individual Computers. And I expect more drivers
to be added in the future.

Is Linux really only a commercial product now so that everything that is not maintained
by a large company needs to go quick?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz