m68k using deprecated internal APIs?

Hi Arnd,

https://lwn.net/Articles/769468/ wrote:
 For example, the m68k architecture uses a number of internal APIs that no other
architecture needs at this point; removing that architecture would enable removing
the APIs as well

and

Ted Ts'o suggested that an ultimatum could be made: either the m68k architecture
stops using the old, deprecated timer API (for example) within one year or it is
removed from the kernel.

Which APIs are these exactly?

This kind of approach has worked well in the Debian community

Right, Debian stopped supporting m68k a long time ago ;-)

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds