Re: Futex problems with firebird3.0 and openjdk-8 on m68k

On 05/11/2017 08:27 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
That's promising, but it doesn't eliminate glibc as a potential problem.
Do we have glibc test suite results?

Well, it's potentially a glibc problem. But I haven't fully ruled out
other packages yet. All I know is that it works with an older chroot
which has glibc-2.19. But it may be related to gcc as well, no idea.

And on Aranym, I'm running the same kernel on which it works with an
older chroot. And, as I said, when I replace the libjvm.so itself, it
works. So, it seems the library is getting somehow miscompiled.

... and hence my race condition hypothesis. But I'm guessing.

But wouldn't it then show in the old chroot sometimes as well? It never
shows there, just with the recent chroot.

I can run the kernel futex test suite under QEMU once this debootstrap
issue is sorted:

dpkg: error processing package mac-fdisk (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 mac-fdisk
Setting up mac-fdisk (0.1-16+b1) ...

I'm not sure why you keep including mac-fdisk in your debbootstrap run,

AFAIK I didn't include it. How would it get included?

It shouldn't. It's not necessary at all. Try bootstrapping with --variant=minimal.

Here's the command I used:

debootstrap --arch=m68k --foreign --no-check-gpg --include=apt,nano unstable /export/debian-68k http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports

Mmh, it doesn't work at the moment because I uploaded a patched glibc package
to "unreleased" and debootstrap doesn't support that. You need a patched
version of debootstrap to make this work.

Yep, it's Gentoo. But to be fair, it performed a native debootstrap just
fine. Next time I'll use the native chroot to debootstrap the m68k one.

Unless Gentoo modified debootstrap in some way, that shouldn't be a problem.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxx