Re: Futex problems with firebird3.0 and openjdk-8 on m68k

On 05/11/2017 04:46 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
Or maybe a race condition in the kernel or glibc futex implementation?

On qemu-m68k, the kernel isn't even running. And on Aranym, I'm running
the same kernel on which it works with an older chroot. And, as I said,
when I replace the libjvm.so itself, it works. So, it seems the library
is getting somehow miscompiled.

If so, the problem won't be apparent from comparing libjvm builds. Are there
any other known issues with libjvm on m68k?

Not that I know of. However, since I haven't managed yet to do a clean
openjdk build on Debian/m68k, I can't really say.

I can run the kernel futex test suite under QEMU once this debootstrap
issue is sorted:

dpkg: error processing package mac-fdisk (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 mac-fdisk
Setting up mac-fdisk (0.1-16+b1) ...

I'm not sure why you keep including mac-fdisk in your debbootstrap run,
it's not required at all. A regular debootstrap works without problems,
it's performed regularly on the buildds:

# debootstrap --no-check-gpg --include=apt,nano,aptitude,vim unstable unstable-m68k ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian

Or, when cross-bootstrapping:

# debootstrap --no-check-gpg --arch=m68k --foreign --include=apt,nano,aptitude,vim unstable unstable-m68k ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxx