Re: Futex problems with firebird3.0 and openjdk-8 on m68k

On Thu, 11 May 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

On 05/11/2017 04:46 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
Or maybe a race condition in the kernel or glibc futex implementation?

On qemu-m68k, the kernel isn't even running.

That's promising, but it doesn't eliminate glibc as a potential problem.
Do we have glibc test suite results?

And on Aranym, I'm running the same kernel on which it works with an
older chroot. And, as I said, when I replace the libjvm.so itself, it
works. So, it seems the library is getting somehow miscompiled.

... and hence my race condition hypothesis. But I'm guessing.

If so, the problem won't be apparent from comparing libjvm builds. Are
there any other known issues with libjvm on m68k?

Not that I know of. However, since I haven't managed yet to do a clean
openjdk build on Debian/m68k, I can't really say.

I can run the kernel futex test suite under QEMU once this debootstrap
issue is sorted:

dpkg: error processing package mac-fdisk (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 mac-fdisk
Setting up mac-fdisk (0.1-16+b1) ...

I'm not sure why you keep including mac-fdisk in your debbootstrap run,

AFAIK I didn't include it. How would it get included?

it's not required at all.

It shouldn't be; it's not useful on most m68k platforms.

A regular debootstrap works without problems, it's performed regularly
on the buildds:

# debootstrap --no-check-gpg --include=apt,nano,aptitude,vim unstable unstable-m68k ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian

Or, when cross-bootstrapping:

# debootstrap --no-check-gpg --arch=m68k --foreign --include=apt,nano,aptitude,vim unstable unstable-m68k ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian

Here's the command I used:

debootstrap --arch=m68k --foreign --no-check-gpg --include=apt,nano unstable /export/debian-68k http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports

Full disclosure:

# which debootstrap
/usr/sbin/debootstrap
# equery belongs /usr/sbin/debootstrap
 * Searching for /usr/sbin/debootstrap ...
dev-util/debootstrap-1.0.87 (/usr/sbin/debootstrap)
#

Yep, it's Gentoo. But to be fair, it performed a native debootstrap just
fine. Next time I'll use the native chroot to debootstrap the m68k one.

--

Adrian