Re: m68k-queue

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 08:38:26PM +1200, schmitz wrote:
I'm sure it was one of these 'how can we get some piece of code
reused to do something almost entirely unrelated' ideas. Sounds like
what I'd have done just to solve the hwclock handling and get on
with hacking other stuff without being irritated by constant fscks

Code quality has improved a huge lot since. Keep in mind that mac68k
was developed separate from m68k in the beginning. I have never had
Alan's instinct for writing good clean code, 'it works' was usually
good enough.

I hope nobody took my comments as criticism of their coding skills. I'm
pretty sure I was not only involved in but at the time actively advocated
the solution I was saying was a bad idea. I've certainly been guilty of
as much or more sloppy coding than everyone else.

In any case, I want to encourage all the people who still do work on
this that their work is not wasted and people do appreciate it.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx