Re: m68k-queue

Brad,

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/geert/linux-m68k.git/log/?h=m68k-queue
and click on the commit you're interested in.

Thank you. I took a look, and I agree with everyone else that this was a
legacy patch that isn't required.

The original idea was to use the same API for both real ADB requests and
everything else that goes through the PMU, Egret, or CUDA chips. This
includes not only RTC/PRAM management, but power control and several
other things as well. It wasn't such a great idea, honestly.
I'm sure it was one of these 'how can we get some piece of code reused to do something almost entirely unrelated' ideas. Sounds like what I'd have done just to solve the hwclock handling and get on with hacking other stuff without being irritated by constant fscks ...

Code quality has improved a huge lot since. Keep in mind that mac68k was developed separate from m68k in the beginning. I have never had Alan's instinct for writing good clean code, 'it works' was usually good enough.

Cheers,

   Michael