Re: atafb and X/fbdev

Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:

The 16-bpp Falcon mode should be chunky and work.

That's video=atafb:falh16 ?

Hrm, okay. I couldn’t find much in the ’net except a reference to
xfree68 but was unable to find that, either. Too bad, all the history…
you don’t happen to know the _package_ name of the server, and the
needed config? ;-)

xserver-fbdev? Or is that already the newer broken one?

Hrm. I looked on archive.debian.org but wasn’t too successful;
the “old” stuff is just a package xserver-xfree86 but that one’s
fbdev didn’t like interleaved planes already. (Ok, that was potato.)

The "XFree68" binaries I uploaded in the nineties should still be available
on FTP sites, though.

Hrm. I can look through archive.debian.org and snapshot.debian.org;
lookup is easiest by source package names.

For the future, my plan (if I ever get to it, sigh) is to use tinyX
shadowfb, and

Hrm sounds interesting, too. (Too bad xfbdev¹ gets SIGFPE, it would
probably have been a reasonable starting point.)

① http://packages.debian.org/sid/xserver-xfbdev

(Looking at p.d.o I probably should try with xserver-xephyr over
ssh X forwarding whether the rest of the system works first.)

console. As I wrote it, there's no license issue in taking that ;-)

Right ;)

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
13:37⎜«Natureshadow» Deep inside, I hate mirabilos. I mean, he's a good
guy. But he's always right! In every fsckin' situation, he's right. Even