Re: Atari ROM port ISA

2012/5/14 Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi David,

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM, David Gálvez <dgalvez75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2012/4/22 Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Now - does anyone here on this list or on debian-68k own such hardware and
would be in a position to test a USB driver written to this spec? Is the
hardware still for sale?
(Not that I am at all sure whether the ISP1160 driver will run in a timer
polled mode at all ...)

Hi, I would like to help to make those tests, although my only
experience with Linux is as Ubuntu user. I have a CT060 Falcon with a
NetUSBee and also an Ethernat and I've just installed Linux in it. I

Thanks for your offer - what kernel version does your Falcon Linux
installation currently use?

My development is based on 3.4-rc3, if your Linux system is a recent
enough one there should not be any problems with booting 3.4 kernels.
I will send a kernel image file and a modules archive by separate
mail.

The kernel and modules I can provide won't come nicely packaged as in
Ubuntu or Debian kernel image packages. You will have to extract the
modules archive in the root of your file system, and then run 'depmod
-a 3.4.0-rc3-atari-35598-gf7ff2b8-dirty' (all as root) before booting
the 3.4 kernel.

Once the new kernel has booted, please try loading the EtherNAT
drivers (called smc91x for the network and isp116x-hcd for the USB
driver). Check the kernel message log (command 'dmesg') for any
messages relating to the modules loading. The smc91x should load OK, I
run into problems later on when the corresponding network interface is
brought up. The USB one balks at the initial hardware checks on my
Falcon.

If you happen to get kernel panic messages these should be possible to
catch with a serial nullmodem cable between your Falcon and another
computer.

EtherNat's nertwork driver is working fine.

When loading the USB driver I'm getting this:

usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
usbcore: registered new device driver usb
isp116x-hcd isp116x-hcd: ISP116x Host Controller
isp116x-hcd isp116x-hcd: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
116x: Clock not ready after 15ms
116x: Please make sure that the H_WAKEUP pin is pulled low!
isp116x-hcd isp116x-hcd: can't setup
isp116x-hcd isp116x-hcd: USB bus 1 deregistered
116x: init error, -19

Regards