Re: Linux on Amiga A600, a success story (in progress, with possible patch)

Hi Andreas,

yes, but after setting the clock (e.g. via "date MMDDhhmmccyy" and
"hwclock --systohc" thereafter) the date and time should be correct, as
long as the computer isn't turned off, right? That's not the case with
my A600, the date stays correct, but the time seems to have difficulties
with the first digit (e.g. jumping between 02:20, 12:20 and 22:20 in a
few seconds) and often returns an EINVAL when trying to read the time.
Trying to access the date (through /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/date for example)
curiously always works. Could it be related to the floating point
emulation? But i don't think the kernel relies on floating point
registers for getting the time from the rtc, or is it?

Regards,
Patrick

Andreas Schwab schrieb:
Patrick Bottelberger <patrick.bottelberger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Back to my current problems, i don't think the read errors for the RTC
may be connected to the fact, that i don't have a battery on my A603
board, or could it?

The kernel rtc code rejects dates before the Unix epoch.  Typically an
rtc that is reset reports a year before 1970.

Andreas.