Re: Linux on Amiga A600, a success story (in progress, with possible patch)

Hi Thorsten,

using your kernel, i got the same errors as with my own (flaky RTC and
non-working PCMCIA), but no other errors, especially no illegal
instruction errors. So, you're right, it wasn't the Debian patches after
all, sorry for accusing you  :-)  Maybe my toolchain is doing something
wicked, i don't know :-/

Back to my current problems, i don't think the read errors for the RTC
may be connected to the fact, that i don't have a battery on my A603
board, or could it?
For using the apne driver, am i maybe missing something to get the
PCMCIA bus up and running?

Is there any A1200 user around here that could tell me which files
relating to PCMCIA should be visible in /sys{,/bus,/class} at system
start, if any? Maybe it's the id's of my card that don't get recognised
by the apne driver, but how can i read the id without having access to
the bus itself? pccardctl doesn't find anything, and the corresponding
init-script complains about no existing bridge module, because it can't
find /sys/class/pcmcia_socket

I'm a bit lost at the moment :-/

Regards,
Tjelfe

Thorsten Glaser schrieb:
Patrick Bottelberger <patrick.bottelberger <at> sigon.net> writes:

Patrick Bottelberger schrieb:

Maybe it's the debian patches that get everything out of order, i'll try
3.1.10 vanilla, maybe that'll work.

I compiled a vanilla 3.2.2 kernel tree without Debian patches and
without adding -msoft-float and it runs. It seems one of the
Debian-patches adds some floating-point-operations.

I don’t think so. 3.2.2 from Debian is looking good (3.2.4 building),
but you MUST compile with -ffreestanding.

Can you try the 3.2.2 image from debian-ports or my repo
https://www.freewrt.org/~tg/debs68k/dists/sid/main/Upload/unstable/linux-2.6/
and check whether that’s more buggy than vanilla? If so,
you’ve got bugs to report ☺

Thanks,
//mirabilos