Re: Debian kernel v2.6.38

Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 00:12, Michael Schmitz
<schmitzmic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If there is a generic lowmem allocator

Thereâs bound to be one. For example, on i386 you have two kinds
of lowmem to take care of: ISA DMA (first 16 MiB), and DMA and/or
BIOS call space within the first 640 KiB (both preferably not
crossing a 64 KiB boundary). But then, Iâm not a kernel programmer
(either BSD or Linux), so I donât know how things are handled these
days.

 - ataflop, atari_scsi, and atafb allocate ST-RAM only at driver
initialization,

Speaking of atafb, with the trimmed-down patch I get garbled video
with BootColorDepth 1, 4 or 8, and no option or video=atafb:vga2
both; using video=atafb:vga4 (with BCD=4) has no output at all.

This is no biggie for me, since the boxen work, but e.g. when
thereâs an âmounted n timesâ fsck, the machine takes ages longer
to get up, and people will think it has frozen, so Iâd very much
like to get _some_ kind of fix into at least the second version
of the Debian kernel, once we get past the initial hurdleâ

bye,
//mirabilos
--
13:47â<tobiasu> if i were omnipotent, i would divide by zero
                all day long ;)