Re: Known working 2.6 kernel config for m68k Mac

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:21:26AM -0700, J Silverman wrote:
I just want to let you guys know that I was able to get the serial
port stuff setup and was able to capture the last kernel message
before the Powerbook would shutdown on start up (thanks again Finn
for the serial cable tip!)  Here it is:

This definitely shows what happened. Thank you.

[snip]

pmu intr 02 02
pmu_init: timed out acking intrs
Warning: no ADB interface detected

This appears to be the fundamental problem. For some reason, this
time it can't initialize the PMU properly. I suspect that if we
start to initialize the PMU but don't finish, it gets unhappy.
The successful boot is only different by the arguments, not a
different kernel? It looks like the timing must change such that
the messages to the PMU get out of sync. These are the hard ones
to debug because adding extra code changes the behavior.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx