Re: Known working 2.6 kernel config for m68k Mac

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:03:34PM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Brad Boyer wrote:
We currently don't have a driver for any m68k mac floppy drive in the
tree, so it's expected to not work. At one point, someone posted a
proposed driver that worked in at least some systems, but I don't think
it ever got finished or included.

Laurent Vivier wrote swim_driver and committed it to the 2.2 branch on
sourceforge 3 years ago. I believe it supports all m68k macs, other than
those models covered by the swim_iop driver.

It also does not support the AV macs, which do not use a SWIM chip. In
theory, it could support the models that would normally use swim_iop
by bypassing the IOP chip, but that means disabling ADB. We used the
bypass feature to get the serial ports working with the normal driver
on those systems, but the only drawback there is the extra CPU time.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx