Re: 2.6.18 m68k mac

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 03:08:08PM +1100, Finn Thain wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Michael Schmitz wrote:
No idea what changed since 2.6.10 ... the IIci perhaps fails due to
screen memory getting in the way in the low memory bank. While I think
about it - one major change was the discontiguous memory support. But
that usually improved things.

I'm going to have to look into this more closely. With my kernels I get a
different result to Christian's kernel on the IIsi. Don't know yet whether
the IIci or ESP SCSI problems go away with Christian's kernel.

Have you tried with a NuBus video card? I remember that used to allow
the IIci/IIsi machines to boot on some kernels that otherwise would
fail before they got anywhere. I think I have a IIsi someplace, but
I'm not sure if it works. I really need to dig some of my m68k boxes
out and work on the code again.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-