Re: Implement per-key keyboard backlight as auxdisplay?

On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 1:40 PM Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One could also reasonably make the argument that controlling the
> individual keyboard key backlights should be part of the input
> subsystem. It's not a display per se. (Unless you actually have small
> displays on the keycaps, and I think that's a thing too.)
>
> There's force feedback, there could be light feedback? There's also
> drivers/input/input-leds.c for the keycaps that have leds, like caps
> lock, num lock, etc.
>
> Anyway, just throwing ideas around, no strong opinions, really.

Yeah, sounds quite reasonable too, in fact it may make more sense
there given the LEDs are associated per-key rather than being an
uniform matrix in a rectangle if I understand correctly. If the input
subsystem wants to take it, that would be great.

Cheers,
Miguel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]