Re: How to name multiple LEDs of the same type and color

Hi!

> > My main interest here was/is that I started to evaluate how OpenWrt can migrate from LED labels to the "new" color/function syntax and to me the rssi leds are a dedicated type that should be supported.
> > So I fear I won't be helpful for the implementation of RSSI leds in the kernel in general.

Yep, I guess staying with old "label" is the right solution for you
for now.

> > For the three leds vs. set of leds discussion: Note that we are interested in (and already do) exposing each LED to the user individually (in user-space via sysfs), so the user can redefine the purpose of the LED freely based on his/her desire. Therefore, a total abstraction of the set of LEDs as a single entity would be detrimental for us here.
> >

> This is interesting. How does this work? Better signal => faster
> blinking?

I suspect it is "no signal" -> "all LEDs off". "weak signal" -> "one
LED on", "medium signal" -> "two LEDs on", "string signal" -> "three
LEDs on".

Best regards,
								Pavel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]