Re: Cleanups in "next" tree

On 4/7/20 9:28 AM, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>> I'm sorry I failed to meet your high expectations... But I don't
>>> believe I done anything completely outside of usual kernel procedures.
>>
>> I believe code review is quite usual kernel procedure.
>
> I don't disagree with that.
>
>>> Could you list the patches and objections you have?
>>
>> I already expressed my concerns regarding Turris Omnia patch.
>
> Ok.
>
>> My comments regarding remaining patches:
>>
>> - "Make label "white:power" to be consistent with"
>>
>> I disagree here. "system" was OK.
>
> It was too vague... I know the hardware and it is a LED above power
> button used as a power indicator.
>
>> - "Warn about old defines that probably should not be used."
>>
>> Obsolete is only LED_FULL, so the comment is in wrong line
>
> No, all of them are bad. Maybe LED_OFF could be used going forward,
> but... it is simply easier to write 0. The type is not really an en
> enumeration, it is brightness, with variable maximum value.

In this case brightness should be turned into an int and the change
should be applied throughout the whole kernel. Otherwise it is
questionable - why all enums are made obsolete if the type of struct
led_classdev's brightness property is still enum led_brightness?
Do we have some replacement? - one could ask.

>> - "Group LED functions according to functionality, and add some"
>>
>> You're adding here some random comments referencing obsolete
>> naming. I think that it is enough to say what is current standard.
>
> Ok, I'll drop that part. But I really want to get that documented
> _somewhere_, because obsolete naming is currently in use, and we won't
> be able to change it :-(.

You've pushed it out anyway...

--
Best regards,
Jacek Anaszewski

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]