Re: Cleanups in "next" tree

On 4/3/20 12:57 AM, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Sun 2020-03-22 14:35:56, Jacek Anaszewski wrote:
>> Hi Pavel,
>>
>> On 3/22/20 12:59 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I've commited some cleanups into LED tree ( git/pavel/linux-leds.git
>>> branch for-next ), if someone wants to review them.
>>
>> You abused your maintainer power by bypassing the usual patch
>> submission procedure. Please remove the patches from linux-next
>> and submit them officially for discussion. I would have some objections
>> to them.
>
> I'm sorry I failed to meet your high expectations... But I don't
> believe I done anything completely outside of usual kernel procedures.

I believe code review is quite usual kernel procedure.

> Could you list the patches and objections you have?

I already expressed my concerns regarding Turris Omnia patch.

My comments regarding remaining patches:

- "Make label "white:power" to be consistent with"

I disagree here. "system" was OK.

- "Warn about old defines that probably should not be used."

Obsolete is only LED_FULL, so the comment is in wrong line

- "Group LED functions according to functionality, and add some"

You're adding here some random comments referencing obsolete
naming. I think that it is enough to say what is current standard.

Also, I had a patch [0] describing standard LED functions in my LED
naming patch set, but it was not merged. It could be worth getting
back to it at this occasion.

[0]
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-leds/20190609190803.14815-27-jacek.anaszewski@xxxxxxxxx/

--
Best regards,
Jacek Anaszewski

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]