Re: [cocci] Looking at lock scopes (with SmPL)?

>>> Is there a way to look for functions that have a lock, followed by unlocks on
>>> multiple error paths?
>>
>> Probably, yes.
>> https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/667.html
>>

>>> IMHO the nicest thing with guard is simplifying lots of error paths, and
>>> innevitably someone forgets to unlock in one of them.
>>
>> Would you like to improve the support anyhow for more complete and succinct
>> resource management in affected software areas?
>
> I was just suggesting a perhaps more targeted approach rather than
> just looking for all cases of lock/unlock.

How would you like to handle source code analyses if lock scopes
would occasionally be distributed over different function implementations?

Will development interests grow also for checking combinations according to
other pairs of actions?

Regards,
Markus