Re: [cocci] Looking at guard usage (with SmPL)

> I'm not the one to decide whether we should use cleanup for mutex locks.

Would you get further development ideas from another bit of source code analysis
which can be performed also with the help of the following small script variant
for the semantic patch language?

@initialize:python@
@@
import sys
delimiter = "|"

def format_data(places, item, input):
   for place in places:
      sys.stdout.write(delimiter.join([item,
                                       str(input),
                                       place.current_element,
                                       place.file,
                                       place.line,
                                       str(int(place.column) + 1)
                                      ]))
      sys.stdout.write("\n")

@find@
expression list el;
identifier item;
position p;
@@
 guard@p (item) (el);

@script:python output@
input << find.el;
item << find.item;
places << find.p;
@@
format_data(places, item, input)

Thus it seems that special “guards” are used at 678 source code places
of the software “Linux next-20240529”.
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v6.10-rc1/source/include/linux/cleanup.h#L124

Will interests accordingly grow for further collateral evolution?

Regards,
Markus