Re: appraisal reset safety

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 3:33 PM Mimi Zohar <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > That's fine.
> >
> > Great, I will work up a proper patch and check the locking.
>
> Thanks!

Sent for review. I have tested it with arm8l and x86_64 qemu/kvm setup
with both appraisal & fix modes. Hashes seem to update correctly as
the syncs are done and I can't see any obvious smoke coming out from
anywhere..

As for crash testing, I will try to make many runs today. Based on my
understanding it should be pretty good, certainly battery outage or
just plain crash should have quite low probability to manage to tear a
single inode update halfway through. Besides, if that happens the fact
that IMA detects a file corruption is only a good thing. Broken files
are not allowed to be read, intact files are fine..

--
Janne