Re: appraisal reset safety

Hi,

Hmm, looks to me ima_update_xattr seems to be kicking in only from the
appraisal failure when in fix mode or via fput() delayed work item.
So, no sync() or anything like that will ever help and there is
nothing listening on the i_version updates. Moreover, there is no
integrity hook for write() or sync() to put such update in. Uh. I was
under impression it would somehow see the interim file updates, but I
guess no. Fundamental misunderstanding from my point of view how this
thing works, duh.

--
Janne