Re: device tree "compatible" string value for Nuvoton TPM 75xxx

On 01/23/2019 03:22 PM, Nayna wrote:

On 01/21/2019 11:55 AM, oshri.alkoby@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Jason,

Since the driver implements the I2C interface defined by the TCG PTP, wouldn't it be better to set the string to be something like 'tcg,tpm-i2c-ptp' (as 'tcg,tpm-tis-mmio' for tpm-tis)?
Any TPM that implements this protocol can use this driver.

It might be nice to have a generic name if it is also compliant with the device tree specification. However, I was wondering if it will not require driver code changes as well before this generic name can be used by any TPM implementing i2c protocol ?

I am wondering if anything got decided on this ?

Thanks & Regards,
       - Nayna